A few nights ago, the lovely Twanna (aka Funky Brown Chick), trekked her beautiful self to the West Village and joined me for the latest Cocktail Creation session. The only criteria we had to follow was that the drink needed to include tequila. I’m not an expert tequila drinker (like I am with vodka), so this was truly a trial-and-error experiment. (And let’s just say that Twanna and I did A LOT of experimenting…and laughing…through the process.) After she arrived, I pulled out all the alcohol and mixers I had in my kitchen – we rolled up our proverbial sleeves and got to work. We started by creating several different shots and ranked them on qualities like overall taste, uniqueness, and strength. The combo which won over our hearts and livers was then upgraded to a full-on cocktail.
Please allow me to introduce to you… EL MISTERIO
* Into a cocktail shaker packed with ice, add the following (this will make 3-4 drinks)
- 4 shots tequila (we used Patron Silver)
- 3 shots rum (we used Captain Morgan)
- 2 shots St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 6 shots iced tea
* Do your best Tom-Cruise-from-”Cocktail” impression and shake it up
* Pour into a chilled martini glass and ENJOY!
FYI, these are the other combos that we tried, along with their ratings:
- tequila / elderflower / orange juice = 6/10
- tequila / iced tea / lemonade = 8/10
- tequila / sparkling water / fruit punch = 4/10
- tequila / iced tea / orange juice = 5/10
- tequila / rum / sparkling water / elderflower = 8/10
- tequila / rum / fruit punch / elderflower = 5/10