A few nights ago, I found divine inspiration from the Cocktail Gods and started experimenting on a new drink. It was late, and I wanted something dark, sweet, and exotic…something that would call to mind an Italian piazza late at night – after rummaging through my bar-cupboard, I stumbled upon the holy grail…limoncello! I suddenly realized that I had a half-finished ice coffee from Roasting Plant in the fridge. Then I remembered that there was a flask of Van Gogh Double Expresso Vodka in the freezer. The sea parted, the angels sang…it was heavenly, and devilish at the same time.
Here it is – the MIDNIGHT LUXE MARTINI. Enjoy…
1. SHAKE these up in a cocktail shaker filled with ice
-4 shots of Van Gogh Double Expresso Vodka
-2 shots of Limoncello
-Fill the rest of the shaker with your favorite iced coffee
2. POUR into a martini glass
3. SCOOP some of your favorite vanilla yogurt onto the side of the glass.
4. GARNISH with a piece of a Twix bar. As you drink the martini, feel free to dip the Twix bar into the glass…soak up some of the drink, and get some of that delicious yogurt on there too. Mmmm…
5. DRINK…and make your night a bit more luxe…